Dr Jan Herrington
Professor, School of Education
Dr Jenni Parker
Lecturer, School of Education
- Analyse & design video [3:19 mins]
The unit is task-based, so by completing the tasks, students complete the unit. The tasks for this unit centre around the topic “teaching and learning X with current and future ICTs where X might be any area of professional interest. For example: primary school reading, or secondary school history, or middle school science, or undergraduate nurse education, or early childhood creative arts.
- 1st iteration 2010: Tutor evaluation of authentic tasks
- 2nd iteration: 2011: Companion website
- 3rd iteration 2012: Companion website
- 4th iteration 2013: Example website to demonstrate what students would create when they completed the unit tasks & TT4Ed
- Conference paper: Parker, J., Boase-Jelinek, D. and Herrington, J. (2011). Perceptions and reflections: Using Skype chat to build a community of learners. In: E-LEARN 2011 – World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare & Higher Education, 18-21 October 2011, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.