Open learning network (OLNs)
In the current information age many educators believe learning should be open and social (Brown & Adler, 2008: Caswell, Henson, Jensen & Wiley, 2008: Cormier & Siemens, 2010; Downes, 2009; Murphy, 2012) and increasingly teachers and learners are showing a greater interest in open learning networks and web technologies as they can “support self-governed, problem-based and collaborative activities in a better way” (Baltzersen, 2010).
empower learners to participate in creative endeavours, conduct social networking, organize/reorganize social contents and manage social acts by connecting people, resources and tools by integrating web 2.0 tools to design environments that are totally transparent, or open to public view (Tu et al., 2012, p.14).
Open educational resources (OERs)
- jennip98 Authorstream Channels
- jennip98 Diigo Groups
- jennip98 Flickr Album: Learning
- jennip98 Google Drive: eDesign
- jennip98 Screencast.com: eDesign
- jennip98 YouTube Channel
- Technology Toolbox for Educators (TT4Ed)
- Conference paper: Phillips, R., Parker, J. and Makowiecka, K. (2013) Embedding open education at universities: Issues to resolve. In: THETA 2013 (The Higher Education Technology Agenda), 7 – 10 April 2013, Hobart, Tasmania
- Anderson, T. (2008). The theory and practice of online learning [eBook].
- Bonk, C. (2009). The world is open: How technology is revolutionizing education [Book]
- EQ: EDUCAUSE Quarterly
- ER: EDUCAUSE Review
- IER: Issues in Educational Research
- JOLT: Journal of Online Learning and Teaching
- RLT: Research in Learning Technology
- Anderson, T. (2008a). Open educational resources plus social software: Threat or opportunity for Canadian higher education? Paper presented at the Canadian Society for the study of higher education, 1-3 June 2008, University of British Columbia.
- Baltzersen, R. K. (2010). Radical transparency: Open access as a key concept wiki pedagogy. Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, 26(6), 791-809.
- Brown, J. S., & Adler, R. P. (2008). MInds on fire: Open Education, the long tail and learning 2.0. Educause Review Online, 43(1), 16-32.
- Butcher, N. (2011). A basic guide to open educational resources (OER). A. Kanwar & S. Uvalic-Trumbic (Eds.)
- Caswell, T., Henson, S., Jensen, M., & Wiley, D. (2008). Open educational resources: Enabling universal education. The International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning.
- Cormier, D., & Siemens, G. (2010). Through the open door: Open courses as research, learning and engagement. Educause Review, 45(4), 30-39.
- Curtin University. (2011). Open educational resources (OER). Center for Learning Newsletter Issue 26.
- Downes, S. (2009). Downes-Wiley: A conversation on open educational resources.
- Hylen, J. (2006). Open educational resources: Opportunities and challenges. Proceedings of Open Education (pp. 49-63).
- Murphy, J. (2012). LMS teaching versus community learning: A call for the latter. Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, 24(5), 826-841.
- Okada, A., Rabello, C., & Ferreira, G. (2014). Developing 21st century skills through colearning with OER and social networks. In A. M. Teixeira & A. Szucs (Eds.), Eighth EDEN Ressearch Workshop – EDENRW8: Challenges for Research into Open & Distance Learning (pp. 121-130). Oxford, UK: EDEN.Olcott, D. (2012). OER persepctives: Emerging issues for universities. Distance Education, 33(2), 283-290.
- Olcott, D. (2012). OER perspectives: Emerging issues for universities. Distance Education, 33(2), 283-290.
- Semingson, P. (2014). Redesigning learning experiences with free open educational resources. Proceedings World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education 2014 (pp. 1798-1802). New Orleans, LA, United States: AACE.
- Tu, C.-H., Sijo-Montes, L., Yes, C.-J., Chan, J.-Y., & Blocher, M. (2012). The integration of personal learning environments & open network learning environments. TechTrends, 56(3), 13-19.